Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Shoshone Fiddle Contest

This year I decided to go over to Shoshone, ID for the state fiddle contest. Shoshone is over across from Twin Falls in a tiny little town. We headed over the night before and stayed at a hotel so we could get up early and be at the contest without being to tired. Of course the kids wanted to swim so Uncle Richie was a great sport and took them swimming.



The contest was held on a stage in the park and had lots of fun vendors around. I'm so glad Richard and Jeni brought their family so Casidy could compete. She was so excited! Emma and Makayla played too and it was so fun for them because the contest was so small. Makayla was disappointed because she messed up a few times. I was so proud of her for playing way harder songs than she has in the past. I think she still had a good time though. Emma and Casidy played in the small fry division. It was Emma's 2nd contest and she played so well! Casidy ended up taking 2nd place! She was thrilled, needless to say.

Our spot for the day


Emma warming up with Gma

Patiently waiting in line for their turn

Emma on stage

Casidy's turn

Go Makayla!

Congratulations Casidy!


The fun part about this contest is that they let you compete in the division of your age level and the championship division if you want. I decided that I would compete in both since there weren't very many people there. I also entered the trick and fancy division. I ended up winning all three divisions!

At the end of the day, it started raining and everyone was cold and tired. I decided to treat my mom, my brother and his family to dinner. We had a great time!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats to all of you. I wish we could be there to hear you! All three divisions, that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three! LOL, I bet when other competitors see you there they are like "oh no!"

    ReplyDelete