Sunday, November 18, 2012

It's a?????


Last Friday, we went in for my 20 week checkup and ultrasound. I decided to pull the girls out of school and let all the kids come along. They were so excited! I really didn't want to find out what I was having but I caved. With 2 girls and 2 boys I already have everything I need but the hang-up is our bedroom situation. The girls each have their own room but the boys already share. I knew that if I had another girl, I could just have her share with Emma. The problem was if I have another boy. I don't want to put 3 boys in one room. We would need to convert the toy room into Derek and Jared's room and that would take time.

In the waiting room, waiting to be called back

All ready to find out!

Up to this point, everyone was always asking me what I thought it was. I was 90% convinced I was having a girl. I've been carrying this baby the exact same way as I did when I was pregnant with Makayla and Emma. My belly has stayed really small and high. With my boys, I was already big at 3 months. I also carried them low. My mouth was hanging open long enough to swallow next summer's annoying flies when I saw her write on the ultrasound, "It's a Boy!"

 
I was like, "uh...what? Come again?"
Mark was laughing and the kids all started talking at once.
Makayla said, "Oh man! More trains and bowling!"
Emma said, "Oh! Another little brother. I wanted a girl!"
Derek said, "Mom, Mom, it's a boy! There's a brother in there!"
Jared just wanted Mark to pick him up and hold him.
 
I have to admit that after a couple months of being convinced it was a girl, it took me a few days to re-wire my brain to the "I'm-having-a-boy" state of mind. I thought that having a girl at the end would be fun and she would be spoiled rotten by everyone in the family. Now I'm thinking that I'll have my 3 little musketeers (or 3 stooges if you prefer) to play and get in trouble together. They will have so much fun growing up together and will be best friends.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! I didn't know you were expecting! That is exciting. Yay, a boy!

    ReplyDelete