Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Happy Hauntings!

I love Halloween! I love fall and all the color changes and Halloween is the start of the holiday season. Mark is always in a great mood because football is in full swing and we have all different kinds of weather coming in to enjoy.

Halloween morning started off with an orchestra performance I attended for the pre-schoolers-1st graders. Makayla and Emma both play in the 2nd year orchestra. Even though it is only for 5th graders, the teacher has allowed Emma to be a part of the group. She should technically start 1st year orchestra next year when she's in 4th grade but Ms. Skidmore wanted her in. They played 3 different songs and Makayla played a solo. After they finished, they handed out treats to all the kids.





The kids all had parties in their classrooms but unfortunately they were all at the same time and all happened when I needed to start teaching fiddle lessons. They said they played fun games and ate yummy treats.

My Grandma, Mom and Dad, Justin and his family, and Justin's in-laws came over. I bought stuff to make personal pizzas and had that ready for whenever they came. Our neighborhood is a lot of fun and we know a ton of people so it is fun to see everyone come to the door dressed up. Our neighbors down the street make scones for everyone so that was a fun house to hit.

Makayla was the Mad Hatter. I had no idea what I was going to do for her costume but we only ended up buying the hat. My mom had fun doing her make-up and did a great job!

The Mad Hatter, a Zombie Cheerleader, Thomas and a BYU football player
After my Mom did Makayla's make-up she said, "Ok Emma, let's glam you up!" Emma was like, "Noooo! I want to be disgusting!"

My dad with Thomas and Minnie

Trick or Treat!

Sorting the loot! Justin and Chelise with daughters Aysha and Daylie, Jared and Derek

Crashing after a long night of fun
 
I stayed behind and handed out candy to the kids. My grandma came back after going and taking some pictures and we sat out on the porch and visited. It was such a nice night out! After having a rainy and cold week, the weather decided to be merciful for Halloween and was one of the warmest Halloween nights in a century! It was between 70 and 75! We had a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment