Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Macaroni Explosion

While Mark went hunting for the day on Wednesday, I decided to make some home-made mac-and-cheese for dinner. After mixing all the ingredients, you have to bake it in the oven for 15 minutes at 450. I thought it seemed a little high for the temperature but I stuck it in anyway. Midway through cooking, I heard a "Pop!" and we all looked at the oven. I thought it was strange and almost sounded like one of the oven racks had fallen. I opened the oven door and much to my surprise found this.
KA-BAM!!
Mark was such a great sport when I talked to him on the phone. I told him dinner exploded in the oven and he said, "Don't worry about it. I'll clean it up when I get home."
I said, "No, you don't understand. It exploded in the oven!"
"Wow." was all he said when he saw it.
Even after taking out the racks and bottom shield, there was glass and burned mac-and-cheese everywhere. Thanks for cleaning it honey! You're amazing!

3 comments:

  1. What a mess! Good thing Mark came to the rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really did explode. What a bummer especially after you went to all the effort to make dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos of your family.

    ReplyDelete