Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Almost there

I'm sitting here on my computer trying to enjoy the night with a heating pad on my belly. Only 2 more days until this baby is out! That is if he decides not to fall out in the meantime. I feel like I'm trying to keep a bowling ball up between my legs...

I've been really excited to have this baby. Each night that I am not sleeping and waking up to another part of my body that has fallen asleep or is cramping up, I think "I would rather be awake with a baby than awake with pains all over!" I may look back on this next week and laugh, but until then, I'll moan about the woes of the last stretch of pregnancy.

I think I am most excited to see the kids with the baby. They are so excited and the countdown began a long time ago. Every day I am reminded that "You are having a baby," and "when is the baby coming?" and "only ___ more days till the baby, Mom." I finally got diapers and the baby clothes out this past weekend and I canceled all my lessons for this week. I was actually going to teach this whole week but my back has been hurting too much and I can't stand sitting in a chair for too long. So basically I've been laying around playing the waiting game. I didn't even get out of PJs until 3:30. I only did because I had to go to the school and then take Emma and Derek to gymnastics later on. Even then I still only put on a different shirt and put shoes on.

I'm scheduled to go in Friday morning at 7:30 and I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. I can't wait to meet our new little guy and hold him and have him not kicking me in the ribs every few minutes. Until then, I'll be dreaming of bowling alleys and jumping out of bed at 3am with leg cramps.

2 comments:

  1. Two more days?! You can do it Malinda. I'm so sorry you're uncomfortable- being 9 months pregnant is the worst! But you'll get a wonderful baby out of it. We can't wait to meet him. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you posted! I am so excited for you- I know exactly how you feel!! Having a baby is the best thing in the world! Your family is going to love him!

    ReplyDelete