Friday, May 18, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day at pre-school is one of my very favorite days of the year. All the mom's of the kids get to go and be treated to lunch and "entertainment" for an hour. We get seated on these tiny chairs in front of a tiny table with place settings for each person. We wait for the kids to come in and perform their program.
Derek made the placemat. It's Derek, me and our house

It's so adorable to watch all these little kids come in single-file with aprons on the girls and men's dress shirts and ties on the boys. They sit in their chairs and sing a couple of Mother's Day songs.

You Are My Sunshine
After singing, they file out again and come back in each carrying something in for the lunch. They go around and serve each Mom with what they are holding. We had chicken salad sandwhiches, fruit, veggies and dessert. Derek got to carry the "to-die-for-800-calorie-a-bite" fruit dip and veggie dip.

The good stuff is on the left...
Enjoying our meal!

We all sit around and visit and the kids are just thrilled to have Mom come and eat lunch with them. I had the lady across from us take a picture of us and she kept saying, "ok, one more! Derek, look at me! Let's do it again!" Here is why:

I swear he does this in every picture..

Kind of creepy sometimes (his eyes, not me...)

This will do!

Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment