Thursday, April 5, 2012

Emma's Baptism

Last month Emma turned the "great 8" on March 3rd. Her birthday happened to fall on the first Saturday which is the same day as the stake baptisms. It was a neat thing to have her birthday and her baptism on the same day.

Mark's parents, Paul and Rita, came up for the event and stayed for a few days. We love having them come and they are a great support to our family. They happened to "conveniently" arrive after Emma's friend party Friday night :)

Saturday morning I took Emma out to take some pictures. She was so fun and happily posed for any kind shot I was trying to get. Here are some fun takes.







We had lots of family and friends come and support Emma including my parents, Rick and Tamie, my grandma, Rhea, my brothers, Richard and Justin and their families, Justin's in-laws and great friends of ours, the Mortensens, Jen and Julia Butikofer our besties, and several other wonderful people in the ward. Jen and I were able to play the musical number for the program and the talks were wonderful.

Gma and Gpa

GGma

The group with a lovely row of chairs in front

Emma and Julia

Emma is such a wonderful girl and I am so proud of the girl she is becoming. She loves her family, the gospel and always tries to do what is right. I hope she continues on the path she is taking and I know she will turn into a lovely young woman some day. (really far down the road...)

2 comments:

  1. Oh lovely Emma, congratulations on your baptism! We are so happy for you and your choice to follow the example of Jesus Christ. Wish we could have been there for your special day!

    Beautiful pictures, Malinda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so pretty!! Beautiful Pictures!!

    ReplyDelete