Sunday, December 18, 2011

5 Generations

Last Saturday my grandma came and picked up my girls and took them up to her mom's house to help her decorate for Christmas. Grandma Pearson lives up in the mountains in Cambridge, ID and her house is a cozy cottage of memories and full of fun things to explore. The best part is the pull-down stairs that come from the ceiling and lead up to the attic with a bedroom and lots of fun "old" stuff to look at. Ezma Pearson is my great grandma and the girls' great-great grandma. She has always been an inspiration in my life and my kids' are so fortunate to have the opportunity to get to know her.

I hope I will remember the stories she has told of life when it was simple and teach my children the important things like charity, love, patience and family. It's amazing to think her lifespan has included using an outhouse and no indoor plumbing and no lights all the way to ipads and instant connection to the world.


Grandma is known and loved in her community by everyone and she even served as the town mayor many years ago! I am so blessed to be her descendant and am grateful for her sacrifice, example and love she has emulated over her life. Merry Christmas Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment